In today’s digital age, the sales process has undergone a significant transformation. Gone are the days when salespeople could rely on traditional methods such as cold-calling and email sales. Today’s buyers are more informed and independent than ever before. That’s why the Modern Buyer needs a customer-centric approach by being a Modern Seller.
When a potential customer has a problem, they know they need to fix, they’re likely to have already done their research online. They may have a good idea of what they’re looking for, and they may be hesitant to engage with a salesperson until they’re sure of their decision.
This shift in consumer behavior has put pressure on salespeople to adapt their approach. To be successful, salespeople must be able to “be found” by potential buyers who are in the early stages of their buying journey.
Here are some ways to “be found” by potential buyers:
- Create a LinkedIn profile that showcases your value as a sales professional.
- Use relevant hashtags to make it easier for buyers to find you.
- Make sure your services are visible on your LinkedIn profile.
- Use keywords throughout your profile to help buyers find you when they’re searching for solutions.
- Share valuable content that can help buyers on their journey, such as research and educational articles.
In addition to being found, salespeople should also strive to be “buying facilitators.” This means helping buyers with their own timelines and making the purchasing process as easy as possible for them.
- Recognize that buying is a process, and buyers need help along the way.
- Be patient and understanding of the buyer’s timeline, and don’t push them to make a decision before they’re ready.
By adapting to the changes in the sales process, salespeople can continue to be successful in today’s digital age. It’s all about understanding the buyer’s journey and being there to help them at the right time.
For more information on our Social Seller / Modern Seller workshops; https://thetechsalescoach.com/social-selling-workshops/